'providing safe, friendly and affordable counselling and wellbeing support for the people of Shropshire.'
What happens after I have made contact with The Green Oak Foundation ?
An appointment will be made that is convenient for you and this usually lasts for an hour.
What will happen during this
In a relaxed, informal way the counselling process will be explained.
Issues such as confidentiality wil be discussed, together with the frequency of future sessions and what times will be most convenient.
The first session is an opportunity for the counsellor and client to begin the process of establishing trust and rapport so that emotions and thoughts can safely be expressed.
The counsellors at Green Oak fully understand that seeking help for often longstanding issues requires a lot of courage and that clients may feel very nervous/anxious during the first session.Our dedicated team are trained to put clients at their ease as quickly as possible providing a safe, non-judgemental and supportive therapeutic environment.
Will counselling help me ?
If you are unsure about counselling and whether it is right for you, please contact the Green Oak Foundation and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Tel. (01743) 340880
* I felt comfortable discussing with my counsellor, I was given flexible appointment times.
* My counsellor was fantastic and really helped me.
* I have felt more confident and counselling has helped me to do things, speak up and take control of things in my life, instead of feeling used by people.
* I was really helped to understand what was going on in my childhood and how this has affected me.
* I wish there were more Green Oaks in Shropshire.
* I feel it would benefit anyone struggling with depression and other mental health issues.